Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Shabby Tea Room Chipboard Challenge

I think my first love when it comes to style is definitely "Shabby Chic"!  Although I love to experiment with other styles I always come back to the vintage, shabby, carefree style of Shabby Chic!  The Shabby Tea Room has become one of my favorite blog/challenge websites because of this love!  This week at TSTR is week #9 and it is a chipboard challenge.  Lord knows I have my share of chipboard but to pick only one for a card was a challenge in itself!  I settled on a beautiful little butterfly from Tattered Angels and sprayed it with pink glimmer mist for some added shine.  You can't go wrong with Prima flowers so I embellished the butterfly with 2 mini roses and placed one large glittered rose on top!  The stick pins from Maya Road have also been a favorite of mine lately and they remind me of something I might have found in my grandmother's attic if I had the chance to look!  I also love the combination of the pink color with the kraft paper.  I got the new Damask stamp set from Papertrey Ink yesterday so I stamped the pattern on to some Sweet Blush cardstock from PTI as well.  I am very happy with how the card came out and I am entering it in TSTR this week and 2 other challenges:
The City Crafter Challenge Blog - week # 4 colors challenge
and
Die Cut Dreams - challenge #47 Shabby Chic (How Appropriate!)
That's all for now, have a great day and do something creative today!
♥♥♥Lisa

13 comments:

  1. This is Beautiful! You do Shabby Chic Very Well!
    Love your flower and that little butterfly is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us over at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is simply FABULOUS!!!! We love seeing your shabby designs each week in the Tea Room ... I {heart} shabby tooooo :) Thanks for sharing with us again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another pretty creation! Love that ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Pretty embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB, you need to come back next week (you'll see!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa its not only oh so cute, but oh so beautiful Thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful card! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so very pretty! I love that damask stamp, and you're right....you can't go wrong with some Prima flowers. Very pretty butterfly, too. thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi I love your shabby chic card so elegantly Beautiufl TFS:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love the details!
    Great Job!!

    **Sony**
    Sonia-Studio60

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just beautiful! I love the glittery flower, ribbon, lace and sweet butterfly. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic card, I love the flower! Thank you so much for joining the DCD challenge this time, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is beautiful Lisa and I adore your floral, ribbon, pins and butterfly detail.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card perfect for our Shabby Chic challenge this week. Thank you for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete