Saturday, December 9, 2017

PTI MAKE IT MONDAY #306: EASY FAN BRUSH TREES

Hi everyone.  I'm in South Florida and we are having a very rainy cold day here for a change.  It is the perfect weather to create my wintry card today.  Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge is to create a card with fan brush trees.  I don't own a fan brush so I grabbed the closest brush to it and made some trees.  Clearly I'm not a painter but painting can be so abstract that I gave it a whirl.  Ok so my trees are not Betsy Veldman worthy but I do like how the card came out in the end.  I used some liquid applique for the snow and hit it with the heat gun to puff it up...... then I sent it through my vagabond and flattened some of it out....... #snowattemptfail.  Oh well, most of it is still puffy so I went ahead with the adorable tag and pretty twine bow and called it a day.  Here is my card for this weeks Make it Monday.
Have a great day!
I already am!
🎄Lisa🎄

PTI products used
Stamps - Love Lives Here: Holiday
Background Basics: Sheet Music
Die - Fillable Frames 10
Ink - Simply Chartreuse
Hibiscus Burst
Twine - Rustic Jute

4 comments:

  1. I love your puffy snow! Your trees are a lovely shape and that background sky is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job...what a perfect sentiment! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your abstract trees are perfectly lovely! The homespun sentiment goes perfectly with your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete