Sunday, January 13, 2019

Hinged Die Cut Love Card

Happy Sunday Y'all!
I spent my morning with my coffee, Jennifer McGuire and Kat Scrappiness.
What a nice morning!
Whenever I watch a Jennifer McGuire video with a technique I love
I can't stop thinking about it until I try it out.
This morning was the perfect time so I poured my java, turned on YouTube
and broke out my Kat Scrappiness stamps and dies.
Kat's new release was the perfect recipe for this hinged die cut card!




The heart panel on the front is on hinges and it opens up to reveal a secret message.
The hinges are made from 2 thin strips of acetate and they are sandwiched
in between the 2 hearts. Such a cool technique!


How stinkin' cute is that? I just love having that extra surprise on the front of the card.
The card opens up as usual so you can put a handwritten message on the inside
as well and decorate even more.
If you're interested in how to re-create a card like this you'll want to 
head over to You-Tube and watch Jennifer's video.

The gorgeous heart on the front of the card was made from one of the
new releases over at Kat Scrappiness.
It's called Lacy Layered Heart and before I die cut it out
I blended 3 different colors of distress ink on some Bristol smooth cardstock.
and

I wanted a shiny sentiment on the heart to really make the rainbow 
stand out so I cut out the word Love from silver foil card stock.
That die is from the 
I Love You Shadow Dies which was also just released 
at Kat Scrappiness this month.
The sentiment inside the heart panel is from the stamp set
Say It With Hearts and it is also available now.
That stamp set is so cute and you can re-create the cute
conversation hearts on your cards for Valentine's Day!

The cute little stamped hearts on the front of the card panel is from a 

I just love how this card came out and I enjoyed making it!
Thanks Jennifer for all the inspiration throughout the year!

I am also entering this card into the Monday and Wednesday 
The Monday challenge is to use something new.
All of the products used on this card are from the new release
and the technique I used is from a recent video I just learned.

The Wednesday challenge is to make a matching envelope 
and I copied the heart and sentiment on my matching envelope here.



If you want to purchase any of the Kat Scrappiness products I mentioned 
You can use code Lisa10 at checkout and save 10% on your order.

Thanks for stopping by today!
Have a great day, I already am!
๐Ÿ’˜Lisa ๐Ÿ’˜






1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! All this gorgeousness AND a secret message? That is fantastic! I really like how you brought so much color to the table here without it looking too crazy. It is elegant, but still full of vibrant color. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring project and post with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete