Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Boba Tea Shaker Card


Good news everyone! My ICU is essential and still open for business during this quarantine!
Everyone still needs their Caffeine during stressful times right!

I am up on the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's blog today with a SUPER CUTE card 
made with an even cuter stamp set by Mama Elephant! A couple of my teamies did their civic duty to enable the rest of us crafty gals to check out this new stamp set and I'm happy to say I caved in and snatched up this adorable stamp and die combo!
Introducing the



BOBA TEABoba Tea - Creative Cuts
Boba Shaker Combo - Creative Cuts

Serious cuteness overload if you ask me! I grew up in the Hello Kitty era and those ears on top of that cup just made me squeal!

After watching Rina Galit's video introducing the stamp set and dies I was ready to dive in and create my own fun card using these super cute images and dies! 
You can click this link to see Rina's video, it's pretty awesome!

SHAKER CARDS: FEATURING BOBA TEA AND BOBA SHAKER COMBO



Here is the card I made for today's post:



The funny thing about Boba Tea is not only have I never tried it but until I joined the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Design Team, I had never even HEARD of it.  I guess I've been living under a rock because it seems to be pretty popular. As a matter of fact our fearless leader, Amy seems to drink it pretty frequently and posts the prettiest pictures in all different colors.  
Apparently I have a lot to learn!


Oh My Gosh!!!  Would you look at those cute images and that adorable shaker cup!  Is there anything cuter than that little kitty and monkey hanging on and sitting in your cup! The Boba Shaker Combo set even comes with a die to cut out 9 individual boba pieces to put inside your shaker!
The stamp set has matching dies to cut out the cute images and the Boba Shaker Combo is larger and allows you to make easy shaker cards with interchangeable tops for your cups.  There is a straw die cut as well and a small die to make a hole in your cup to fit the straw! Mama Elephant literally thought of everything!



For the main panel of the card I used the brand new


Even though I didn't make a slimline card I loved how the thin scalloped panel looked centered on the card base.  I colored the cute little images with Copic markers and shaded the larger shaker cup with Worn Lipstick and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide inks. 
To fill my shaker cup I used some Gold Star Confetti Mix and some Mirrored Hollow Star Confetti Mix mixed with the boba die cuts in brown paper. I just love the sparkly look it gave the card!  I glued all the pieces in place and stamped the sentiment from the set turning it into a birthday card. To finish my card I added some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Caribbean Ocean.



 I really enjoyed making this card and it just goes to show you that you don't have to drink boba tea to make an adorable boba card! Thank you for joining me today and I hope you check out this super cute set because it is so much fun to play with!

As always, have a great day, I already am!
☕️ 🐱 Lisa 🐵  ☕️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment