Friday, July 27, 2018

Scavenger Hunt Slippers Card πŸ˜‚

Ok first of all let me explain the blog post title...
First of all I know I can't be the only one who gets inspiration from odd places right? My card for today came from an interesting place.  I've had a really cute pair of slippers for a while and lately I've been thinking they would make a really cute coffee card. Here is a picture of the super cute slippers.


This brings me to the other part of my blog post title. The Scavenger Hunt...  To make this card I went on a scavenger hunt in my craft room.  Now I know you all have done that! I knew I had several coffee cup dies but I had to search for eyelashes, a mouth and steam.  That's where the fun began! Here's the card and then I'll tell you about the scavenger hunt results.


To start with I used the really cute coffee cup die from Cas-ual Fridays because I adore the heart shaped handle. One of my favorite things about the slippers is the silver glittery sparkled cup so that was easy! Next came the fancy eyelashes.  I looked far and wide but finally realized that the only thing I had was a Pinkfresh Studio stamp of eyelashes.  The easiest thing to do was stamp them and let my "scan-n-cut" cut them out for me.  Hand cutting was not an option....too detailed for me. The mouth came from a small circle punch that I cut and then cut into again to form a little mouth. Moving on to the steam, I tried several methods including using white paint to make the steam and only succeeded in making a messπŸ™„ I finally remembered that I had a My Favorite Things coffee cup die set with steam dies, so much easier than paint!  The cute alphabet dies came from Jaded Blossom and I did a little bit of surgery to alter some of the letters to get that random whimsical look. The background for the card is some Hawaiian Shores Bitty Big striped paper from Papertrey Ink.
Well that's the card for today.  I am entering it into the 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week since the theme is anything goes.  

I hope you are all enjoying your week! 
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a great day,I already am!
☕️Lisa ☕️ 


7 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a great idea and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwww...both your card and your slippers are ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Lisa! The sparkly coffee cup is so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your post interesting to read. I can't wait to see your post soon. Good Luck for the upcoming update. This article is really very interesting and effective. womens house slippers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since style cowhide shoes arrive in a plenty of types you may browse unpleasant, cleaned, calfskin just to give some examples of the many. While makers are occupied with making plans for shoes, comfort is truly at the first spot on the list when they are making a plan. Kawaii store

    ReplyDelete