Tuesday, October 1, 2019

National Coffee Day "Week" with the Coffee Loving Cardmakers



Hello my caffeinated friends! 
I am up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog today with my teamie Annette Allen!
We are part of a week long celebration for National Coffee Day.
There are some awesome Super Sponsors as usual and some fun prizes to be won!
Make sure to check out the hop that started on Sept. 29th and goes through October 6th
on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog.

For my card today I used products from 2 of the super sponsors.
I think it's important to note that while everyone has started making their fall themed
cards and projects I live in Florida and Fall hasn't arrived here yet.
Let's face it Fall won't arrive until February and it will only stay for about a week.
Which leads me to my tropical themed card.  The temperature here is in the 90's
so my mind is still in tropical mode.
 I just recently bought the Hibiscus Stencil Set  from Super Sponsor 
Newton's Nook and I couldn't wait to use it! It really paired well with the
Here is my "out of season" coffee creation.






I started with the Layered Coffee Cup Die from Kat Scrappiness and cut it out
using white card stock. I then took the Hibiscus Stencil Set from Newton's Nook and 
laid it over the coffee cup. I used pinks, yellows and greens to fill in the Hibiscus stencil
and I am LOVING the results! The Taylored Expressions blender brushes area a dream
to use and made the stenciling super easy! I layered a piece of vellum over top
of the coffee cup so you could see through to the flowers and then added 
an Aloha die cut from Lawn Fawn on top. The pineapple background was made
with an embossing folder over vellum.  I love the way vellum takes on a white
appearance when it is embossed. I adhered everything to a bright pink A2
card base and my card was done.

Please excuse this tropical card in a sea of sweaters and pumpkin spice lattes.
I'm sure I'll be breaking out the pumpkins and sweater stamps any day now.

Here is a look at the super cute card my teamie Annette made.
I am in love with those super cute mice from Waffle Flower!




If you haven't already hopped along to all of the super sponsors for 
the National Coffee Day hop, you have until October 6th to do so.
Many of them have awesome prizes and they all have beautiful
inspiration from their talented designers!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a great day, I already am!

🌺 ☕️Lisa ☕️🌺

3 comments: