Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Love You More Than Coffee



Hello crafty peeps! Today I have another caffeine inspired card for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog and it's a real cutie! Who can resist a hamster in a coffee cup?




Oh my gosh, isn't that just the cutest little hamster? I used the Hammie Coffee and Tea stamp set from Your Next Stamp and the sentiment is from an older Hero Arts stamp set.

I started with a piece of smooth card stock and stamped a script background in emboss resist ink then sprinkled white embossing powder over top and heated it up until it was smooth and melted.
I then took 3 different distress oxide inks and did some ink blending over the embossed words.  
I love the look of the embossing showing through the ink blending! I love the 3 colors together, they blend so well.  I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon.
My little Hamster was colored with Copic markers and then I cut him out with my Scan n Cut.
I used the largest Postage Stamp Edge die from Kat Scrappiness and made a frame out of it by placing the second largest Embossed Edge Rectangle die inside of it before I cut it out. That gave me the perfect frame.  I adhered the kraft frame to the front of the card and placed my hamster and sentiment inside the frame on foam tape.

I love the pretty ink blending mixed with that Oh So Cute Hamster!
Thanks for stopping by today, stay safe and stay home everyone!


Enjoy your day, I already am!
🐹  Lisa  🐹 

No comments:

Post a Comment