Monday, March 16, 2020

Amazing Friend


Hello and welcome to my blog! Today I am up on the i-Crafter blog with this rainbow inspired friend card.  The March release showcased the Haley Alphabet Outline Dies and the Flower Bursts Dies and I used them both on this card. For the sentiment I used the Amaze Me Stamp Set that was released back in January.

Card Recipe

For my card I started out with a piece of kraft card stock that measured 5" x 3 3/4" and I lined up the letters F-R-I-E-N-D from the Haley Alphabet Outline Dies across the center and sent it through my die-cut machine.  I kept all the pieces that fell out so I could fill in the centers of the R and the D.
I cut the letters out a second time in white so I could give each letter an outline, it really made them pop.  I did some rainbow ink blending with my Distress Oxide inks for the panel behind the word FRIEND.  I wanted the rainbow colors to peek through the die cut letters. Before I adhered the rainbow panel, I ran through the kraft panel through my Vagabond with a polka dot embossing folder to give it some extra texture.  I adhered the rainbow panel behind the kraft panel and then adhered both panels to a 4" x 5 1/4" black panel.  The whole piece was then placed on a white card base.
I added some rainbow color jewels around the letters as well.  


For the rainbow flower at the top of the card I used the Flower Bursts Dies from the March release and I did some rainbow coloring on the base of the flower. I then cut the top layer out of white to place over the flower to match the style of the letters.  I placed a white jewel in the center of the flower for some extra added shine.


All that was left was to add the sentiment and I chose one from the Amaze Me Stamp Set released in January. I stamped it in emboss resist ink and sprinkled white embossing powder over it then heated it until it was shiny and melted.  I matted the sentiment on white and then black so it would stand out better.

I guess you could say I went a little rainbow crazy on this card! I do love my rainbows!
Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you enjoyed my card!

i-crafter is having a BRAND NEW never before seen release on April 1st! You don't want to miss it so make sure to come back to the i-crafter blog and shop on the 1st!

Have a great day, I already am!
🌸 Lisa  🌸

No comments:

Post a Comment