Thursday, February 7, 2019

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Guest Designer

Hello Crafty Coffee Loving Fans!
I am so excited to announce that I will be a guest designer for the
month of February on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog!

Go ahead and grab your cup of coffee or warm beverage of choice,
I'd love to share my card with you today!



This card involves a technique that I 
am addicted to lately. It's not a new technique by any means but I have
been experimenting with it lately using different color combinations.
I have been using distress inks to do ink blending on my backgrounds.
The 3 colors I used on this card are: 
and
I just love how only 3 colors look like so 
many more when they blend together!
I recently saw a card that had some floral stamps that were
heat embossed with white powder over the ink blended background.
I fell in love with that look and re-created it on this card.
Here are the steps I took to make this card:

Step 1: To begin with I took some Bristol smooth card stock and I blended Broken China,
Fossilized Amber and Picked Raspberry with a Ranger Mini Blending Tool.
 Once I liked the look of the blended colors I dried my background
with my heat tool so that I could do some embossing on top of it.


Step 2: Next I took some floral stamps from two older Papertrey Ink stamp sets
(Delightful Dahlia and In Bloom) and I placed them all over the lower
half of my background.  To prep the surface I used my anti-static tool and I used my Tim Holtz stamping platform to position the stamps where I wanted them.
I stamped them with Fresh Snow ink from Papertrey Ink and sprinkled
WOW Opaque Bright White  powder all over them.
I hit the powder with my heat gun and let the magic take place!



Step 3: Once the background was inked, stamped and embossed I took the largest
die from the Kat Scrappiness Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle Dies and cut out a panel.
From that panel I cut out yet another panel from the center using the largest die from
the Spellbinders Labels Four dies. (Save the piece that you die cut!)



Step 4: The next step was to make the shaker portion of the card.
I adhered a piece of acetate to the back side of the panel
with the missing die cut shape and then
I placed foam tape all over the border of that panel
to enclose my shaker bits.


Step 5: Now it's time to use the negative shape we die cut using the
Spellbinders die. We'll adhere that shape to front panel of the base of an
A2 sized card. I used a pink card base.


Step 6: This step is optional but I love the extra special touch it gives to a shaker card.
(I took a few colorful sequins and glued them to the background
with the Crystal Katana tool so they would
remain visible even when the card was "shaking".)
After I glued them down I sprinkled the rest of my mix all over the die cut panel.
You could use whatever mix you want, but here is the sequin mix I made:
Sequins by Kat Scrappiness - Neon Barbie
Sequins by Cartwright - Pale Pink, Light Ocean Blue Green
(Yes I went overboard but what can I say........ I LOVE shaker cards!)
You can now adhere the top panel over your lovely shaker extravaganzapalooza!
......is that even a word??🤷🏼‍♀️


Step 7: Ok now that the background and shaker are complete we can work on
decorating the front of the card. I chose that darling bear from the
Ellen Hutson - All Inside stamp set and I watercolored him with my Zig markers.
I also took the coffee cup from the Paper Sweeties - Coffee Planner Stamps
and Copic colored it to put in his furry little hands. I popped him up
on foam tape and boy did he look cute!



Step 8: YOU MADE IT TO THE LAST STEP 😂
It's sentiment time!
In the All Inside stamp set there was a sentiment that read
"sometimes you just have to make your own"
and I thought why not finish that sentiment off with........ you guessed it
COFFEE!
I heat embossed the sentiment with WOW Metallic Silver Sparkle embossing powder
on to a Stitched Sentiment Strip Die from Kat Scrappiness and inked the
edges with Picked Raspberry distress ink.
For the COFFEE word I used the  Got Coffee Sentiment Die from Kat Scrappiness.
I took a leftover piece from the ink blended background from step 1 and die
cut the word coffee from it to give it a colorful twist!


PHEW!
This card was a labor of love and I certainly loved making it!
I hope I made the directions easy to follow!
I really love how the card came out and I hope you'll
give it a try. So many fun techniques on one card!



Thanks so much for joining me today!
Make sure to check out the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog
for your daily dose of caffeinated inspiration!
You can also find them on Facebook and Instagram!
Have a great day, I already am!
☕️Lisa ☕️







No comments:

Post a Comment