Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Coffee Loving Cardmakers Guest Designer



Hello again Coffee Loving friends!
I'm excited to be sharing my second and last 
guest designer post this month over on 
A big thank you to Amy for having me!
I have enjoyed sharing my cards on their blog this month.

Today I have a card using one of my favorite coffee themed stamps.
It's called Love To Go from Unity Stamp Company.
I just love the whimsical style of this stamp, it really lends itself
to watercolors and that's exactly what I used.


  • To begin with I die cut a panel of cream colored card stock with the largest die from the  Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle dies from Kat Scrappiness.  Then I ran it through my Vagabond with a script embossing folder and adhered it to a light teal card base.
  • The next step was to stamp the coffee cup on to some watercolor paper and use Distress Inks to fill in the cup with a fine tip brush.
  • Once the watercoloring was done, I used a smaller die from the Wonky Wavy Stitched Rectangle dies again to cut it out. Before I matted that panel on to the same color as the card base, I tied some twine around the bottom of it. I then adhered it on an angle to the card base.
  • The last step was to die cut some cream card stock with the Stitched Flag dies from Kat Scrappiness and stamp my sentiment in dark brown ink. I matted that flag with a larger one in the same teal color as the card base. I popped it up on foam tape above the coffee cup and my card was done.

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Make sure to check out the Coffee Loving Cardmakers Blog
for your daily dose of caffeinated inspiration!
You can also find them on Facebook and Instagram!
Have a great day, I already am!
☕️Lisa ☕️






2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! Love it! So awesome to have you as a guestie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think. projecto de arquitectura

    ReplyDelete