Thursday, October 18, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 294 with Groot

I have not played along with CAS(E) this sketch in a while so I stopped in to take a look at this week's sketch and realized how much I missed it. I love the inspiration I get from a sketch, it's like taking the guesswork out of a card when your mojo is on vacation!
My daughter Taylor is a planner girl and she recently found this adorable clipart of 
Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy for her planner and 
I immediately thought how cute he would look on a card.
I knew he would be perfect to sit along side the sentiment of sketch #294!


Since Groot's signature tag line is "I am Groot" I thought it would be funny to 
make my sentiment "I am Cute" and let's face it he is CUTE!!!!
I used an older "Your Next Stamp" alphabet set to stamp the sentiment.
It was the perfect simple font for the card and I used Mowed Lawn 
distress ink since it matched the leaf theme.
My wood grain embossing folder was the perfect touch for the bottom panel of the 
card to go with the theme and give it some texture.
A few leaves growing out of Groot from an old Stampin' Up 
punch and my card was finished!

I really had fun making this card! Thanks for stopping by to take a peak!
Please consider leaving me a note if you stop by and give me your blog
name so I can visit you too!

Now go get crafty, I already did!
🌱Lisa 🌱

1 comment:

  1. I'm not familiar with the character, but he IS cute! Great take on the sketch and the embossed woodgrain is the perfect touch, indeed!

    ReplyDelete