Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Life Begins After Coffee

 


Hello Crafty Coffee Loving Peeps! Today I am up on the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's Blog with a brand new caffeinated card and I had some fun with watercoloring for this one!
Let's get crafty in the ICU!


I started out with a piece of Canson Watercolor paper and I stamped the Scribbled Roses cling stamp from Taylored Expressions in Versamark ink. Next I sprinkled Brutus Monroe Alabaster embossing powder all over my paper and heated it until it was shiny. The next step was where I had all my fun! I used 2 different Distress Ink colors, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers and I smooshed them onto my Tim Holtz Media mat and sprayed them with water. I had a lot of fun coloring in my roses, leaves and background with all of that vibrant ink!

After the watercoloring was dry I took the Honey Bee Gift Card Holder die and cut out the front panel of the coffee cup from the watercolored panel. I stamped the sentiment from the Honey Bee Perfect Blend stamp set onto the koozie and adhered it to the front of my coffee cup and placed a plain white lid on the top of the cup. Next I added some fun Taylored Expressions Drip Drops for some bling and a simple twine bow to the top of the cup.

Lastly I adhered the cup to a piece of kraft card stock and then to a pretty teal scalloped frame panel. 
Everything was then placed on a top folding A2 white card base.

I really love how this card turned out, the color combination is one of my favorites!
I'm not sure why water coloring intimidates me because I thoroughly enjoy it every time I do it and the results are so beautiful!

Thank you so much for joining me today, I'm glad you stopped by!

Have a great day, I already am!

☕️  Lisa 🌺 

No comments:

Post a Comment