Thursday, April 15, 2010

Shabby Cup Of Healing Tea

I love to get up in the middle of the night and design cards but boy do I pay for it the next day!  Tonight I can honestly say it was worth it!  I absolutely LOVE the card I made tonight (actually this morning), seeing as how it is 3:30 a.m.  My new favorite blog is The Shabby Tea Room and their challenge this week was to make a card based on this picture of an old quilt and the theme was "It's Hip To Be Square"









I am missing my mom tonight but I understand why she is away.  My uncle is very sick so she has gone to be with him and my cousins.  My thoughts and prayers are with them for a speedy recovery for my uncle, they are all hurting so badly and it just isn't fair...  So this card is in honor of my Mom and her love of quilting and it is meant to be a healing cup of tea for my uncle!  Get well quickly Uncle Rocky!!!

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love this!! Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super adorable, Lisa ... I love the 'cup of tea'!!!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room and I hope you can come back and play again on Monday for our next challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Great idea to use that flourish comign out of the cup o' tea! Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, beautiful! I'm sure this is going to perk your mom and uncle right up! Love how you blinged up the teapot, and the swirl coming from the cup is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete