Monday, August 16, 2010

TSTR Week #23 - The Delicate Cottage Rose

Welcome to The Shabby Tea Room's week #23 challenge!  My name is Lisa and I'll be your hostess so sit down, grab a cup of tea and feast your eyes on this lovely photograph!
This week's challenge is titled "The Delicate Cottage Rose" and is inspired by this lovely photograph decorated in true rose themed Laura Ashley style!  I came across this photo at Country Living.com and I fell in love!  The challenge this week is to use roses in your project and I did just that.  The dress image on my card is from Squigglefly who is our sponsor this week in The Tea Room. I printed out the darling little prom dress onto a rose patterned paper and cut it out.  I added some Prima flowers to Debbie's vintage seam binding and printed the sentiment out on my computer. 

Thanks to Squigglefly.com for supplying the design team with some adorable images!
 Squigglefly is a digi stamp company selling over 2,000 digi stamps and papers featuring many artistic styles from different artists.
Squigglefly Digital Stamps

Make sure to check out what all the girls on the design team have created to inspire you!
You can also check out their individual blogs here:

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Well, I hope you are all inspired to go out and create your own rose themed projects and come play with us in The Shabby Tea Room this week!
Have a great day everyone!   I already am!
{hugs} Lisa

9 comments:

  1. I have the idea that I am always writing the same comment.... And again I can say that this card is really gorgeous..... When I visit your blog there is always something pretty you created and that gives me inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute Lisa. Just love your take on the sketch. Well done honey! hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is stunning! Great inspiration photo. I love the beautiful dress and flowers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely scrumptious!!! I am so in love with that inspo pic -- I would like to order one of those rooms and have it delivered to my house!!! Thanks for providing such loveliness for us to work with this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card...beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just such a beautiful card ... I adore everything ... especially that little dress ...
    Ps Thanks so much for your comments .. really appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty - That dress is beautiful covered in that paper! Love the flowers and the seam binding too! Another perfect creation this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a darling card you've created for us this week, Lisa! I love that paper pieced dress and the wire hanger you've made for it. the sash and flower are such a pretty touch, and I adore the big seam binding bow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh so beautiful! Love the little dress and the dusty rose colors used. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete