Monday, September 10, 2018

Coffee Monster Cards


HAVE YOU SEEN THE MONSTERS?

I just recently found them myself!
These cuties are part of an adorable stamp set by 
Gerda Steiner called Coffee Monster.  I had seen these cuties around Facebook and Instagram and I knew I had to have them!
I just bought them at Kat Scrappiness along with 
some other crafty goodies!
I was so inspired by these adorable monsters that I made the 3 cards shown above to share with you!
To begin with I stamped all the cuties out on 
Bristol Smooth card stock with 
Gina K Amalgam Ink so that I could color them with 
whatever type of marker I wanted.
Since my Zig markers give me the best blended results I used them for the coloring.
I cut out a bunch of them at once with my Brother Scan n Cut and laid them all out on my desk. There is definitely no lack of mojo when all of those cute monsters are staring back at you.  
The ideas for the cards came pretty easily.




For my first card I took some True Black Bitty Big paper from Papertrey Ink and cut it down with one of the Kat Scrappiness 
Stitched Scalloped Border dies. I backed the polka dot paper with some craft foam so that it would have some dimension and I added the first monster to the bottom.  I used my craft knife to cut away one of his hands from his body so that he could hold his itty bitty coffee cup under it... so cute!
The sentiment from the Coffee Monster set was stamped at the bottom of the card with Orange Zest ink from Papertrey Ink. For a little bit of extra color and interest I added a few drops of 
Nuvo Crystal Drops in blue. I've always loved the look of vibrant colors against a black polka dot background.
Card #1 done!


For my second card I started with some Kraft card stock from Papertrey Ink.  My favorite kraft card stock hands down for color and quality! To give the background some texture and dimension I ran the paper through my vagabond with my 
We R Memory Keepers Next Level Quilted embossing folder.
For my focal point I used the Kat Scrappiness 
Layered Coffee Cup Die  and popped monster #2 up on the koozie.  I added an itty bitty coffee cup from the stamp set to his hand as well. The Layered Coffee Cup Die is such a great size to take center stage on any card! You can check out this video on my YouTube channel to see instructions on how to assemble the bits and pieces of this coffee cup. For my sentiment I die cut the Kat Scrappiness Got Coffee word die from some PTI Dark Chocolate card stock and added it to the top and bottom corners of the card.
Card #2 done!



For my third and final card I started with some Aqua Mist card stock from PTI for my card base. The card base was given some extra interest with the help of the Cover Up Grid stamp set by PTI. I used a tone on tone effect and used Aqua Mist ink to stamp the grid. Next I took some PTI Kraft card stock and stamped out my own background using the coffee cup from the Coffee Monster stamp set and the largest coffee bean and heart from the Kat Scrappiness Let's Get Caffeinated stamp set. I used PTI's Cocoa Bean ink for all the little background images. The kraft panel was then cut with one of the dies from the Kat Scrappiness Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Dies.  Those are definitely my go to dies for many of the panels on my cards.  
I love the scalloped edges!
All that was left was to add my sad monster to the front with foam tape and stamp my sentiment from the Coffee Monster set
 underneath him in Versafine Onyx Black Ink
That is definitely my favorite black ink for 
crisp black sentiment stamping!
Card #3 done!

I hope you enjoyed these 3 monster cards I've shared today.  Many of the products I used are available in the Kat Scrappiness shop and if you use my code Lisa10 you can save 10% on your order. I will list and link those products below.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
I already am!
☕️ Lisa ☕️

Products Used on Card:
(available at Kat Scrappiness)










No comments:

Post a Comment