Saturday, September 29, 2018

National Coffee Day Blog Hop


Hello Coffee Lovers!  This month Kat Scrappiness is hopping along with the
2018 National Coffee Day Blog Hop!



This month at Kat Scrappiness there is a new stamp set called Let's Get Caffeinated and it has 6 fun coffee themed sentiments. 
You will also find 3 different size coffee bean images and one cute heart!


For my card I used the sentiment "COFFEE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MEAL OF THE DAY" and I paired it with some really cute stamps from the Gerda Steiner Coffee Monster stamp set which are also available in the Kat Scrappiness shop.

Personally I like a little bit of coffee in my cream but that's just me... 
🤣😂🤣

To make the background of the card I took some Bristol Smooth card stock and placed a Heidi Swapp chevron stencil over it.  I used 3 different color Distress Inks to sponge over the stencil. 


I love how well these colors blended together!


When I peeled the stencil off of the paper I took the small coffee cup stamp from the Coffee Monster set and stamped it evenly among the chevrons.  I also colored the hearts on the coffee cups with Zig Markers to match the Distress Inks as closely as possible.  I die cut the panel with the largest die from the Kat Scrappiness Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Dies for a finished look and adhered it to a teal blue card base. 


NOW FOR THE FUN PART!
COLORING THE MONSTERS!
🖍🖍🖍
I stamped all of the monsters from the set with Gina K Amalgam Ink so I could color them with whatever markers or paint I wanted. 
I decided on Zig Markers because I get the best results with blending.  
I don't mind coloring a lot of images at once because I can make quick work of cutting them out with this BAD BOY!


MAN I LOVE my Brother Scan N Cut for cutting out stamped images!!  Don't get me wrong... I still love my dies but this machine really cuts down on the tedious process of cutting out multiples of the same images!  It was well worth the investment!  

{pay no attention to that poor overused cutting mat}

The only thing left to do was prepare my sentiment and adhere it to my card base!  I stamped it onto the same color paper as my card base with Versafine Black Onyx Ink and then heat embossed it with clear powder to give it a shiny appearance.  I die cut it out with the second largest die from the Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Dies and adhered it to the center of the card.  

I picked out two of the monsters that yelled and stomped the loudest and popped them up on foam tape on the top and bottom of the sentiment and my card was DONE!

Phew!!! That was a long post!! 

If you are still with me here I have a reward for you. 
 🤩🤩🤩

You can use my code LISA10 in the Kat Scrappiness shop to
save 10% on your entire order. 

Make sure to check out the other Design Team projects from my teammates
over at Kat Scrappiness!
If you leave a comment on the different blog posts Kat will choose
2 winners who will each win a $25 gift card to the store!

If you are interested in any of the projects I used in this card
I will list and link them below. 

Thanks for hopping along with me and Kat Scrappiness today for the
National Coffee Day Blog Hop!

Now what are you waiting for?  
Go get crafty!!!
I already did!!
☕️Lisa☕️ 


Products Used on Card












6 comments: