Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Papertrey Ink Create Along With Us January 2018


I love the days where I can spend time crafting.  Lately I've had a lot of them and I am very grateful.  Today I am playing along with Papertrey Ink and their Create Along With Us for January 2018.  I've been following PTI for years and I am always in awe of the cards and projects that their design team comes up with.  These are some crazy talented women and they never cease to amaze me.  I have always loved Melissa's shabby style, Betsy's use of bright colors and Dawn's clean and simple cards.  Today I got some inspiration from Melissa's card from release day 2.  She layered a heart over a fancy frame and I love that look!  

Since Valentine's day is just around the corner I decided to watercolor a Wonky Heart die from Simon Says Stamp. Kristina Werner recently shared a video where she used Arteza markers to watercolor with a piece of acetate so I tried it and loved it.  I used the Uppercase Block Alphabet dies from Papertrey to cut out the word LOVE in gold foil paper.  I used the inlaid die cutting technique to nest the letters back into the heart. A scalloped vellum rectangle with some gold print was the perfect backdrop for the pretty heart.  I finished off the project with some gold thread and a few dainty sequins from The Ton. 

I also bought a new toy recently that I wanted to share.  It's called a Crystal Katana and it works really well at picking up sequins and gluing them down.  It's the best placement tool I've ever used!  You can see a demo on YouTube of it.  They sell it on Amazon and at Kat Scrappiness, check it out! 

I am in love with this card and I can't wait to get my new PTI goodies in the mail that I ordered last night.
Have a wonderful week everyone and get some crafty time in!
💖Lisa💖

2 comments: