Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Cup of Sunshine


Welcome back to my blog and thanks for stopping by!
I'm up on the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog today with 
your daily dose of caffeine in the Intensive Coffee Unit!
Today I have a card to share with you that I am just in love with!
It features the cutest coffee cup die with an inlaid design that just makes me smile.



This coffee cup die is from Paper Smooches and is called Cuppa Sunshine.  
It has the happiest little scene on it featuring an adorable cloud and sun!
I first saw this die from Paper Smooches right here on this blog and 
immediately fell in love with it!  The sentiment is from a matching stamp set 
called Sunnyville and it has great sentiments and more adorable images to go with the theme.



I wanted to do some ink blending on the background so I used 
the largest die from the Waffle Flower Lacy Layers die set to cut out a piece of 
Bristol Smooth card stock. Next I took my Taylored Expressions 
Feathered stencil and did some ink blending with 3 different colors of Distress inks.
I used Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Scattered Straw.  I just love how those 
colors look together.  I think it really compliments the colors in the cup. 


I placed my coffee cup and sentiment on to a piece of vellum that was also cut 
from the Waffle Flower Lacy Layers dies to 
soften the background a little bit and make the cup stand out.
I also stamped some cloud images in light pink from the Sunnyville stamp set on the
base of the card for a little extra added interest.



For some sweet finishing touches I added 3 

Thanks so much for joining me today in my ICU,
I'll be back in a couple of weeks with some more caffeinated inspiration for you!

Have a great day, I already am!
 ☕️Lisa ⛅️





No comments:

Post a Comment