Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, I am up on the Kat Scrappiness blog as well and I am featuring a slimline card using the brand new Wonky Stitched Nesting Slimline Dies. The new release over at Kat Scrappiness brought with it quite a few new slimline dies to really dress up your slimline cards! These new dies include the Stitched Slimline Wave Die that is the perfect size for a slimline cards and lets you add waves to your cards with a fun stitched edge.
Here is the card recipe:
1. I started with some Lawn Fawn Vellum and swiped 2 different colors of Distress Oxide Ink across the paper in no real pattern. I used Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon. I splattered some water over the paper and blotted it off with a paper towel to give it the look of water.
2. After the panel was dry I die cut 2 dolphins using the Kat Scrappiness Dolphin Dies. I also wanted the waves to be cut from the same panel so I used the Wonky Stitched Nesting Slimline Dies and the Stitched Slimline Wave Die to cut out 3 panels that would fit the slimline panel from side to side and also have the stitched edging like the rest of the card. As you can see in this picture I also cut out the top panel of the slimline card in white card stock using the Wonky Stitched Nesting Slimline Dies
3. Once the vellum pieces were cut it was time to prepare the large white panel. I decided to do some stenciling and give the background some clouds. I used the MFT Cloud Stencil and a Ranger Blending Foam to stencil on some clouds with Peacock Blue Atelier Ink. I just love the look of those big puffy clouds. I love to do all of my ink blending on my Tonic Glass Media Mat because it makes cleaning up so easy!
4. Once the clouds were done I added the sentiment from the Sofishticated Stamp Set using my Misti Stamping Tool and some Goddess Green Atelier Ink. After I adhered the dolphins to the panel using Scor Tape I stamped some water splashes from the Lawn Fawn Hello Baby stamp set using the Goddess Green Atelier Ink again to match the sentiment. I also included a cute little sun die cut from My Creative Time with a fun face in it using the Fresh Faces stamp set from Jaded Blossom.
5. It was time to put everything together so I adhered my 3 vellum wave panels to the bottom of the white panel using Scor Tape at the bottom of the waves so they would look 3-D on the card.
The whole panel was adhered using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive to a piece of Heffy Doodle Hint of Mint card stock measuring 8.5" x 3.5". For some extra watery fun I added a bunch of Kat Scrappiness Sparkling Clear Droplets. They also look great around cards in photographs (added bonus)!
Here is one more look at the whole card. I really enjoyed putting this card together!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Make sure you head over to Kat Scrappiness today and check out all of the amazing new slimline dies they have. The possibilities are endless and there are so many fun stamps and dies to go along with them, not to mention all of the embellishments there as well!
That's all for today, don't forget to follow
Kat Scrappiness on all
social media platforms to be alerted to new releases, sales and giveaways!
Have a great day, I already am!
🐬 Lisa 🐬
Disclaimer: My blog uses affiliate links
whenever possible at no additional cost
to you. I only promote products I actually
use and love and think other crafters might
enjoy as well!