Monday, February 10, 2020

Happy 10 Year Blogaversary To Oh So Cute By Lisa!



Happy 10 years to my little old bloggity blog!
Oh So Cute By Lisa turns 10 today!
It's hard to believe that I've been writing about and sharing my cards on this blog for 10 years now!
I was looking back at old posts recently and I came across my first blog post and to my surprise I realized that the 10 year anniversary was going to be February 10th!
And here we are!
Here is a link to my very first blog post:


You know I didn't know what I was doing because I didn't even give the post a title.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚


The very next day on February 11th I shared my first card on this post:



My card making and photography skills have come a LONG WAY!!!!!
My favorite company back then and the first one I ordered from was Papertrey Ink.
I idolized their designers and couldn't get enough of their inspiration! I frequented Dawn McVey's blog daily not to mention Melissa Phillips and Betsy Veldman. I adored Heather Nichols krafty obsession and I am loving everything she creates for Taylored Expressions these days!
These girls were my early cardmaking heroes!
I still idolize these girls but now I follow their crafty adventures on Instagram.


Fast forward to August of 2018 when I got to meet all of my superheroes in person!
I attended Stamp-A-Faire in Cincinnati and had the time of my life!
Ok I wound up breaking my pinky on my right hand before Betsy's watercolor class (the class I was dying to take) but I babied that finger and watercolored my heart out.
It was a freak accident but I didn't let it stop me from having a great time that weekend!
The event was live streamed and my family back home got to watch me making paper from scratch with Heather Nichols. It was neat for them to see what we were actually doing in real time!
Here's a few highlights from that trip:








It's amazing to look back and see how far I have come! I used to enter a lot more card challenges and I had lots of card making goals, many of which I achieved.
I wanted to get a card published in a magazine, I wanted to make it on to a design team and unfortunately I can't remember the third goal right now.
I'm happy to say that I far exceeded my goals and it's been a great ride!
I had a card published in Papercrafts Magazine back in November of 2010 and I was so proud!
I have been on quite a few design teams and I have LOVED them all! Here is a link to all of the teams I've been privileged to design for.
My greatest pleasure is designing and posting cards.  I love making cards for my family as well, I am known as the family Hallmark store!

Of course there were years when my blog was quieter than others.  Life gets in the way and priorities change over the years but I always knew I wanted an active blog and I kept coming back to it. My craft room changed a few times over in the 10 years but now it's in a great place by a huge window and I love the natural light I get to work in! I share my craft room with my daughter Taylor who is an avid planner girl and wishing she had more time to do it! My craft room is decorated with art made by my daughter Brooke who is a talented painter and my son Matthew frequents my room from time to time to make a card or 2. I love sharing my crafty world with my kids and they are always ready with an "oh i love that card mom" even if they don't mean it LOL!
Here's a fun collage of my 3 kids and my ever loving card making supporters:



Over the last year I started including Facebook and Instagram into my social media repertoire. Ok my daughter had to teach me Instagram but I'm a fast learner.  It became increasingly important to use social media for exposure and for DT work.  I do love sharing my cards but sometimes it's a chore. I'd much rather be creating than typing! I'm sure most of you will agree to that one.


My crafty world culminated in the most amazing experience last month when I got to attend Creativation for the very first time. My daughter Taylor and I boarded a plane for Phoenix, Arizona and had the time of our lives! I got to meet so many of the amazing crafty people in person that I had only corresponded with online previously. I enjoyed meeting everyone and taking in all the crafty goodness on the show floor!  It's a good thing nothing was for sale because I'd be broke today!
I had been wanting to attend Creativation since it was called CHA and I'm happy to say I finally made it there! Here's a few highlights from that trip:










These are just a few of the great memories we made that weekend!

And here I am today with a craft room filled to the brim with stamps, dies, paper, glue, glitter, sequins, paint, stencils and SO MUCH MORE!!!!
If I never bought another stamp or die I'd still never get to use everything I have but I'm pretty sure that collecting craft supplies is half the fun!

It's been a wild ride for 10 years and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring!
For my 10 year blogaversary I decided to do something a little different and make a card for myself. Lately I have been LOVING all of the new stamps and stencils from Taylored Expressions and of course ink blending is SO ADDICTING so I combined all of that and made myself a card in celebration of ME!



One of my favorite stamp and die combos from Taylored Expressions is the Big Grumpy set.
I am also in love with all of the stencils they have been releasing! I used the rectangle masking stencil on this card.  I just love how smooth that rainbow came out using their rainbow blending brushes!
I just love that snarky sentiment and since I made myself this card, it was perfect!


Well, if you made it all the way through this blog post thanks for joining me for this fun trip down memory lane.  Even if no one reads this post I enjoyed the memories and creating a little memoir of my own.  I will end this post the way I end all of my posts and the way I will always end my posts...

Have a great day, I already am!
πŸ’“πŸ’“Lisa πŸ’“πŸ’“

2 comments:

  1. Happy blogaversary my sweet friend!
    What an amazing journey you have been on!
    Here's to many, many more fun years ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love this!! Made me cry happy tears! So happy for you and this crazy wonderful journey. I’m so happy to have entered this world of craftiness and I’m so grateful I get to share it with my best friend! I love you and I’m so proud of everything you have and continue to do. You’re amazing! You’re the best! I love you!πŸ˜˜πŸ˜πŸ’•❤️

    ReplyDelete