Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Coffee with Friends!

 


Hello coffee lovers and welcome back to my blog! Today I am up on the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's blog and I have a treat to share with you!

The Colorado Craft Company has a set of coffee loving mice and they are just too cute! The talented artist Anita Jeram has designed some new stamp sets for them and she draws the most whimsical characters! You might recognize her name as she is the talented artist who illustrated the popular children's book Guess How Much I Love You and many others!

My card today features a darling image from the Colorado Craft Company's stamp set titled 
Coffee House. If you are familiar with Jeram's artwork you will recognize her whimsical style in these images. There are also dies to match these images but I did not use them for my card. 



Aren't those mice just the cutest! I just love how excited they are over that cup of coffee. I imagine after Covid many of us would be excited to have coffee with friends again in person!
Here is a picture of that sweet stamp set.



I made my own stencil for this card using the Distressed Edge Rectangle Dies from Kat Scrappiness.
I cut the third largest die from that set out of some stencil material and placed the negative piece over a piece of watercolor paper. Then I took Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Ink and did some quick watercoloring over the panel. Once it dried I removed the stencil and had the distressed edge design perfectly masked off.



After the panel was completely dry I placed it into my MISTI and stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx ink a few times. The watercolor paper was very textured and thick so I had to stamp a few times to get a good impression.  I popped the stamped panel on to an A2 size card base with some foam tape and the card was done. For a fun embellishment I glued one heart on to the coffee cup from the Trinity Stamps Coffee Bean Heart Sprinkle Mix. I just love that extra bit of character it adds!

Here is one more look at my card with the supplies used.



Thanks for stopping by today and make sure to have coffee with a friend soon!
Have a great day, I already am!
☕️  Lisa  🐭

No comments:

Post a Comment