Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Love and Coffee

 


Hello and welcome back to my blog!
It's my day to take over the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's blog again and I have a double shot of iced coffee to share with you today! I have been obsessed with the Shaken Iced Espresso from Starbucks lately and I don't usually like their coffee because it's too strong. This particular drink is perfect though and I can't get enough! I found a video by Nichol Spohr on YouTube that shows how to make the perfect iced coffee and I've made quite a few cards lately using it.
Here is a link to her video if you are interested:
These coffee cups come out looking so realistic!


Here is my card for today, check out the card recipe below:



For my card I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock and I cut out a panel using the largest die from the Kat Scrappiness Stitched Rectangle Dies. I wanted a soft color in the background so I used my Domed foam applicators to apply a light covering of Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink.

The next step was to prepare my coffee cups. I used the Honey Bee Coffee Break Dies and some Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink mixed with Gathered Twigs Distress Oxide Ink to give the appearance of iced coffee. I intentionally left the bottom of the color light to make it appear like the cream at the bottom of the cup. Nichol's video has great step by step instructions to achieve this look. I sprinkled water over the ink to make it look more realistic. For the foam at the top of the cup I used a Snow Marker to give a puffy foamy effect and I love how it turned out!.

Once I knew where I wanted the placement of the coffee cups I placed my card front into my Mini MISTI stamping tool and stamped my sentiment from the Technique Tuesday Perk Up stamp set with Versafine Black Onyx Ink. That is my favorite black ink for stamping sentiments because it stamps so crisp and dark! All that was left to do was to pop the coffee cups up on some foam tape and add some fun red hearts.

Thank you for joining me today, make sure you try this technique on your own coffee cups and watch Nichol's video for some helpful tips!

Have a great today, I already am!
☕️  Lisa  ☕️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment