Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Isabella's Challenge #12 - Honoring Fathers

Good Morning and welcome to another weekly challenge at Isabella's Sketchbook
This week in honor of Father's Day we are honoring none other than Dear Old Dad!!  I picked out this image of a golf bag and clubs in honor of my dad!  He is my rock and he is always there for me, no matter what I need!  He is the official bug killer, a/c filter changer, plumber, electrician and whatever other person I need at that moment.  But most of all he has given me countless hours of support and guidance for 41 years now and how can you thank someone for that???  I Love You Dad, on Father's Day and always!!

So your challenge this week is to visit Isabella's Boutique and pick out your own Father's Day image that fits your father and create a card that will do your dad proud!  You could win two free images and the I Won Badge to display proudly on your blog!  Also, check out what the design team has created for you to inspire you!  They are a talented bunch and I am lucky to be able to work with them. 

I wanted to extend a special thank you to one of my co-workers Karim for helping me out with the wonderful watercoloring he did for my golf bag!  He is a very talented artist and it was so kind of him to share his talents with me for this image and card!  So Happy Father's Day Karim!

That's all for now, get out there and create your own Father's Day Card!  I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
{hugs} Lisa

9 comments:

  1. Lisa, I love this so much! My DH would love it, too as he is an avid golfer! Beautifully colored, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and the colouring is just breathtaking, such depth and gorgeous colour-mixing!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Lisa! Love the colouring and the backing papers . You're lucky to have such a wonderful Dad! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coloring and the overall look of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, especially the text mat behind the clubs! I have a pile of old books purchased just for this purpose at the Library's old book sale! Love the ledger style paper and the twine too! Great manly and INTERESTING card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, I love the vintage feel to it and beautifully coloured golf bag. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the monochromatic look of this card. A perfect manly card.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved your post Lisa.. you are lucky to have your dad.. and he is lucky to have you. Darling card that you created. Hugs, Peggy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and post Lisa. My dad has also been my rock. Aren't we the lucky ones! I am sure he loved your card.

    ReplyDelete