Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Shabby Tea Room Cards

Good morning everyone!  I went a little crazy lately with a very similar theme!  I love handmade flowers and the combination of Papertrey Ink's Raspberry Fizz and Hawaiian Shores!  I also like the way the Kraft cardstock fits into the equation too!  All of these cards have techniques that I learned from Dawn McVey.  She is one of the VERY talented designers over at Papertrey Ink and if you haven't yet visited her blog, well then, I highly recomment it!  You're in for a real treat!  She has a very classic style and her work is amazing!  She is big into handmade flowers, polka dots and bright color combinations. 
All of these cards fit well into the theme this week over at the Shabby Tea Room.  The color scheme is hot pink, lime green and turquoise.  The 2 cards with the doily base for the flowers are a variation of a series of flowers that a very talented designer Christine Middlecamp has been doing on her blog.  She calls it The Embellished Paper Doily.  What an adorable project!  Head on over to her blog to see all of the wonderful doilys that she created and the final project where she put them all into a shadowbox.  Very pretty!  Dawn actually highlighted Christine on her blog and made a few of her own embellished doilys!  
Ok that is my bounty to share with you today!  Lots of color and lots of inspiration and LOADS of FUN!!  Everyone have a wonderful day!  I already am!
{hugs} and {doilys} Lisa ☺

4 comments:

  1. GOR-JUS!!!! Just lovely ... each one is better than the next! TFS with us in the Tea Room, Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful cards, Lisa! I can so see Dawn's wonderful influence here. She is so very talented, and so are you. I loved the embellished doilies she spotlighted recently. Yours are wonderful, too. Now I'm wishing I went ahead and picked up those MS doilies when I had the chance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Just perfect for this week's challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete