Thursday, June 10, 2010

♥To Sir With Love♥

Well, Father's Day is fast approaching and the pressure was on to create a Father's Day card worthy of my Dad!  The problem was that I don't do well without my pink, lace, bling and foofy style!  I have to say though that I did compromise on this card.  I still have my girly image and a ribbon at the top yet I think it can pass for a Father's Day Card.
Any of you who are loyal Glee fans will recognize the sentiment on my card immediately!  My daughters are die hard Glee fans and when I heard this song last night on the season finale, inspiration hit!  The 1967 hit song and movie "To Sir With Love" featured a song dedicated to a great teacher but I knew that I could easily dedicate it to my Dad.  The singer was a gal named Lulu and I just love the line
"How do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume?"
It's just such a fitting line for my Dad!  I can't possibly thank him enough for all he's done and continues to do for me everyday!  He's the babysitter, bug killer, a/c filter changer, plumber and oh so much more!  He's just there when I need him... NO QUESTIONS ASKED!  I'm a very lucky "little girl" (at heart) to have such a wonderful father.  So on Father's Day and always, I Love You DAD!!!  Thank you for all you do!
The Shabby Tea Room is of course holding a challenge this week honoring fathers so I am submitting this card tonight over there with all of the other wonderful cards.  The image on the front of the card is a cute little gal named Meeshelle from the Polkadoodle's stamp set.  She is just soooo cute, I thought she brought that sentiment home well!
Goodnight everyone and sweet dreams!
{hugs} Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Great job with a masculine card! That sentiment is so fitting! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa, I so enjoyed reading this post. My Dad has been all of the above to me too. An absolute rock in my hour of need. I am sure he will love this one. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Lisa! I know what you mean about feeling lost without our pinkie-girlie-frufru embellies to add onto the cards!!! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! I'm sure your dad will love it. That sentiment is adorable, as is the stamped image. Love the corrugated paper, and is that a pop top strung on the ribbon?? Cool!
    Thanks for sharing this with us in the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete