Monday, June 21, 2010

So Thankful!

Don't panic!!!  I have not taken leave of my PINK senses, I just think it's time to branch out and try different color combinations.  There are so many gorgeous color combinations out there like soft blue and yellow for starters!  I just got some new patterned paper from October Afternoon and I am inspired!  I have always loved the Shabby Vintage style but I want to experiment more with the embellishments.  One of my favorite elements on this card is the tiny spool of thread at the bottom.  That spool is actually a stamp from Clear Art Stamps and the set is called Material Girl.  I stamped the spool and cut it out then wrapped twine around it.  What a cute embellishment!!  The sentiment is a stamp from Lawn Fawn stamps from a set called Sew Lovely.    All of my buttons are from Papertrey Ink, a website that I have been contributing half of my paycheck to for some time now!!  You MUST check out that website, but be careful, IT'S ADDICTING!!

One of my many favorite designers is Melissa Phillips and her work is absolutely inspiring not to mention her lovely blog, LilyBean's Paperie!  She is one of the masters of the vintage style!  I have to say that my style really started to take shape when I discovered her blog and her work!  My recent spot on the design team at The Shabby Tea Room has given me renewed inspiration and I can't wait to take my designing to the next level!  I have been very fortunate in these last four months.  I started my blog four short months ago and have never had more fun!  My dream was to enter card challenges and be noticed, which I have.  I wanted to be part of a design team, and now I am part of three.  I do have one more goal and that is for one of my cards to be published in a magazine, so I am working on that.  One of my other favorite designers is Dawn McVey.  Her blog is called My Favorite Things and her style is clean and classic which I love as well!  Dawn has a link on her blog that has publishing tips on it and she is so kind to share them with anyone who wants the info.  She certainly has seen her share of published cards! 

There is so much inspiration out there to soak up and I am enjoying every single little bit of it! 
The most important thing you can do in life is to enjoy it!  Find something you enjoy doing and do it with gusto!!

I am entering my "Sew Lovely" card in the following challenges this week:

Have a wonderful day everyone!  I already am!
♥♥♥Lisa

11 comments:

  1. wow...this is so beautiful! so delicate and vintagey and adorable...LOVE the soft colours and your mix of elements! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just {heart} those OA papers?? Scrumptious!!! What an absolutely adorable card ... yes, I love the little spool of 'thread' toooooo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Lisa! I love the soft color palette and the fun sewing embellishments. the sentiment is adorable and so is the spool stamp. Love how you wound some twine around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I love your card, it's so beautiful and elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is gorgeous :))) love the sentiment and the lace .. grat job!
    thanks for playing with us on the MELJENS challenge :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa this card is "Oh so Sweet" - this is one of my favorite colors! Love the OA papers - nice work! You are a wonderful addition to TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lisa, your cards always make me to awwwww! The ribbon, the lace, fab papers and all those luscious little etails and finishing touches - yum! I am sure you'll get published in no time!!! I haven't got a clue about how it works though - do you have to sendphotos to magazines or what?? lol
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a beautiful card! I can think of many people that would love to receive this one!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Fiber, Ribbon, Lace challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is shabby chic gorgeousness. Great card.
    Thanks for joining us at KLSNS
    Jacilynn

    ReplyDelete