Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge #10 - Black and White Card

Good Morning Everyone!  I am very excited to share today's challenge with you over at Isabella's Sketchbook!   I also wanted to show you the new image on Isabella's blog that you can copy for your own blog!  It has such beautiful watercolors and a gorgeous butterfly!  I've added it to my sidebar and you can copy and save it to your blog as well!
 
OK, on to challenge # 10 and it is a Black and White Challenge.  Using one of Isabella's wonderful digital images, create a card where only the image has color in it.  This challenge was a little difficult because I think we are so used to using such varied colors in our projects and mixing and matching to get just the right blend.  I actually love the way this card looks because using black and white really made the apron "POP" off of the card!  Isabella has some adorable apron images but any image would work with this card!  I used the "Sweetie Apron" image for this card.  Link your card to Isabellas challenge blog and you could win 2 free digi images and the beautiful "I Won" badge on Isabella's website!  Make sure you check out all of the amazing cards by our incredibly talented design team to give you some inspiration!  These women really know how to get their CRAFT ON!
Have a wonderful day... I already am!!!
♥♥♥Lisa♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. This is so charming, Lisa. Love the pattern on that DP and the retro feel of the apron. The lacy border really pops against the black. Terrific job on the B/W challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa it's too cute for words - I love it. The delicate colours of the apron against the polkadots works wonderfully. Very retro!
    Hugs
    Peri x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and the apron is so nicely coloured. I can picture June Cleaver making dinner:) I like the lace border and all the bling you have added.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, this is so precious! I love that punch and it so fits this image. Your bit of bling is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card this week Lisa. Really like it. Love how you've popped the apron on the card, very effective. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, this is just so pretty! that apron is one of my very fave images of Isabella's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really beautiful card Lisa, the apron is gorgeous. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa this is darling! I love these aprons and this one just perfect on your background! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Lisa, ant that apron is so cute.

    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your side border and layout! it really is neat how black n white with colored image works so beautifully with any image - you used a fav of mine with this apron! wonderful card!!!!
    hugs
    Linda
    and lovin that signature block, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely Lisa! You have a beautiful style of card making! I looooove this card. ;D Diana Q

    ReplyDelete