Friday, June 21, 2019

Mermaid Love

Hello again and welcome to another mer-mazing day on my blog! 
Today I am up on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog and I have a mer-mazing shaker card to share with you using the newly released stamp set Mermaid Hair. I just love 
that sweet mermaid and she literally 
looks good on any card you put her on.  Since my favorite type of card to make is a shaker card
I knew that's where she belonged.  For my sentiment I used the previously released 
Sofishticated stamp set.  Here are the details for my card.

Card Recipe

  • Start with white A2 card base cut to 11 1/2" x 4 1/4" and fold in half at 5 1/2"
  • Cut panel of Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock down to 5 1/4" x 4" and dry emboss with scalloped embossing folder.
  • Sponge Distress Inks in 3 different colors over embossed panel in Wilted Violet, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers, blending where colors overlap. Adhere embossed panel to base of card.
  • Die cut scalloped rectangle frame for top of card and back with clear acetate. Once acetate is secure to back of frame, build up foam tape around frame border to house your shaker bits.
  • (Optional step) Stamp, color and cut several fish from the Mermaid Hair stamp set and glue in place to embossed panel.  I always like some details not to move around on my shaker cards so they are always in view.
  • Next pick out your favorite sequins and shaker bits for the inside of your window.  This is the fun part because you can be creative and pick out a fun assortment of sequins, sprinkles and other fun additions. Spread your mix on to the embossed panel towards the center so you can lay your frame down over the top. The sequins and sprinkles I used are from the Kat Scrappiness sequin shop. (Pink Flower Sprinkles, Purple Flower Sprinkles, Blue Flower Sprinkles, Baby Pink Confetti Mix and Pink Heart Confetti)
  • Expose adhesive from foam tape and lay your frame down over the shaker bits making sure to center your frame over your embossed panel.
  • Stamp, color and cut your sweet Mermaid and pop her up on foam tape towards the bottom corner of your card and stamp your sentiment from Sofishticated on to a white banner and adhere to top of card. I also added a few of the flower sprinkles from above to my Mermaid's hair for an extra fun touch!
Now try your own shaker card, they are so much fun to make and they are
even more fun to play with once they're put together!

Thanks for stopping by today, make sure to check out all of 
The Rabbit Hole's social media sites for much more inspiration
everyday!


🧜🏻‍♀️ Lisa 🧜🏻‍♀️


1 comment:

  1. What a great card! So many cool elements, there's a lot going on there, but put together beautifully! Very nice! Gonna Pin this one :-)

    ReplyDelete