Hello coffee lovers and welcome to Lisa's *ICU (Intensive Coffee Unit)
I am so excited to be joining the Coffee Lovers design team and today I'm sharing my first
project with you. I had so much fun with the SugarPea Designs products from
National Iced Tea Day yesterday I thought I'd make one more card with the
Coffee To Go Cup dies while they were on my desk. While I do enjoy a hot cup of coffee,
my favorite is definitely Iced Coffee. It has always been a favorite of my Mom and I guess I
inherited her taste for it. You might be surprised to hear that my favorite place to get Iced Coffee is McDonalds. I'm not really a fan of Starbucks, their coffee is too strong for me. I actually like a little coffee in my cream if truth be told.
Special Delivery for the heart accents on the coffee koozies,
the stripes on the straws and the sentiment.
Here is the card recipe:
- I started with a kraft colored A2 card base.
- For the base layer on my card I cut a white panel out of the largest Stitched Scalloped Rectangle dies from Kat Scrappiness.
- Next I used Ground Espresso Distress Oxide Ink to sponge over a Gina Marie Coffee Bean Stencil. I made sure to fade it out towards the edges, I love that look.
- After I die cut the pieces from the Coffee To Go Cup dies, I stamped the heart images from the Special Delivery stamp set in green on the koozies The postal stripes stamp from the Special Delivery set were perfect for adding stripes to the straws!
- I made sure to cut the lids from the Coffee To Go Cup dies out of vellum so you could see through them to the whipped cream on top. I sponged some beige ink on the cream to give it some dimension.
- The sentiment from Special Delivery was stamped in Cocoa Bean ink from Papertrey Ink on top between the coffee cups.
- For the finishing touch on the bottom of the card I completed the sentiment by cutting out the "coffee" portion of the "Got Coffee" sentiment die from Kat Scrappiness out of brown paper.
I really love how this card turned out and I am so glad you were able to spend some
time with me today in my own personal "ICU". I'll be back again with another caffeinated
creation on the 25th! Here's hoping you get in some card making and coffee time today!
Have a great day, I already am!