Welcome back to my blog! I am up on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog today and I have 2 cards to share with you using the new release Pretty in Peony stamp set.
Did you ever have an idea in your head for a card and when you actually sat down to make it, you couldn't make it look like the picture in your head? It always amazes me when that happens because I see it so clearly yet I just can't reproduce it. It is very frustrating and sometimes I wind up creating something different but still very beautiful. This was one of those times. These 2 cards started off as an idea to have very bright flowers pop against a very stark black background. Although I like how they came out, they started out very different in my head!
- I began by stamping the peonies in clear versamark ink on watercolor paper and heat embossing them in gold.
- Next I took my Zig clean color markers and did some quick coloring with 2 colors for the flowers and 2 colors for the greenery.
- Once I had the color down, I took a small wet paintbrush to move the color around for a loose watercolored look. What a therapeutic technique!
- I took the flowers and leaves over to my scan n cut and cut them all out.
- I prepped 2 card bases in black, both with a Kat Scrappiness Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die. One rectangle I embossed with a diagonal striped embossing folder.
- For the sentiments, on the first card I used a Thank You die from my stash and cut it out in gold glitter paper to match the outline of the flowers. On the second card I stamped a sentiment from the set in clear versamark ink and heat embossed it in gold on to a small scalloped rectangle.
- I popped the some of the flowers up on foam tape to give them some dimension.
Thank you so much for joining me today on the blog. I hope you have enjoyed my cards and make sure to check out all of the brand new items in the shop! The Rabbit Hole Designs has just added 5 fun new dies to their inventory and you're going to want to check them out!
For more inspiration, updates, and news make sure to check out these links.