Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Wild About You & Coffee


Hello and welcome to my blog! I am up on the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's blog today with a brand new card but I'm not wild about it! Let's face it, we can't love every card we make but that just comes with the territory right? The funny thing about the cards that I don't like is they seem to be very popular which always makes me think, I have no idea what people like......... or the age old story of "different strokes for different folks". 



 For the base of my card I used a leopard pattern stencil by Kindred Stamps and cut it out with the Kat Scrappiness Wonky Wavy Rectangles.
I saw the stencil used by my friend Justin on a card and I knew I had to have it! I had recently tried to make my own leopard stencil on my scan n cut by failed. I love a good diy but even I know when to throw in the towel! 
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 
I absolutely loved how the background came out and I wanted to turn it into a wild themed coffee card.  That's where it all went wrong. I just couldn't get all of the elements to play nicely together on the card. I used a Distressed Edge Rectangle die and cut out some vellum so I could mute the background and add some elements. The cute little coffee cup is from Spellbinders but I tried many different color combos before I came up with the orange and brown and I wasn't thrilled with that combo either.  I tried a brown cup, a gold cup, a floral cup....... NOTHING WAS WORKING!
You've had those card making sessions........ right? Lie to me and tell me you have!
😩😩😩😩😩😩😩





I stamped the sentiment from the Hello Bluebird stamp set Jungle Littles in brown ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.  In hindsight I should have stamped it in white ink on brown paper to make it pop more. The large ampersand die is from an older Clearly Besotted Monogram stamp and die set and the pretty Coffee die is from a Sugar Pea Designs coffee die set.
I just love decorating with those cute Kat Scrappiness Coffee Beans, they are so much fun! 


Oh well there is my whole story and I'm sticking to it! It's not the worst card I've ever made but it certainly isn't my favorite. Oh well, you win some you lose some! At best I enjoyed using that awesome new stencil and I will be using it again very very soon!

Thanks for joining me today and you have a great day!
I already am!
🐆  Lisa  🐆

No comments:

Post a Comment