Sunday, January 26, 2020

No Calorie Valentine 💘


Good morning crafty peeps!
This morning I have a Valentine's Day project up on the Kat Scrappiness blog that has no calories! Kat Scrappiness has all the supplies to create this sweet treat pocket and best of all..... it's calorie free!

I have to give credit to my daughter Taylor, it was her idea to make it calorie free! After my treat pocket was assembled I told her that I needed to buy a candy bar to slip in as a prop for the picture. That's when she reminded me that Kat has a cute stamp set with a chocolate bar in it. It was an AHA moment and so the no calorie Valentine idea was born!

Card Recipe

1) I started with a piece of kraft card stock
measuring approximately 8.5" x 4.25" and scored it on the 8.5" side down the middle. That left me with a square pocket.
2) I embossed the whole piece of paper with a burlap embossing folder and then I used a scalloped edge punch to give the top front edge a fancy finish. 
3) Next I took the Floral Heart Die and die cut it out of the front of the pocket. I then adhered a pink piece of card stock behind the front panel and glued the Floral Heart Die  back in the space where it had been cut from.
4) Next I put double sided tape on the two outer edges to form a pocket.
5) I cut the Sweet Word and Sentiment die from silver foil and adhered it to the bottom right of the pocket.
6) The sweet little xoxo sentiment from the  Say it With Hearts stamp set was the perfect size to stamp on to the smallest Stitched Flags die. I punched a tiny hole in the flag and tied it on to some pink twine for the top of the pocket. I added some Pretty Pink Jewels around the heart as well!
7) The last step was to stamp out 3 no calorie chocolate bars to stick inside my pocket. The Layered Chocolate Bar stamp set was the perfect set for this! I just love how realistic the wrapper looks with silver embossing powder!



 And there you have it folks! A no calorie Valentine with all of the SWEET and none of those pesky calories!

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you'll check out these great products from Kat and make yourself a little treat (calories or no calories)

Don't forget to follow Kat Scrappiness on all
social media platforms to be alerted to new releases, sales and giveaways!



Have a great day, I already am!
💘 Lisa 🍫 

No comments:

Post a Comment